The best Blog on Art from the Caucasus, contributed and read worldwide + der Schützenpanzer unter den Kunstblogs + + Visuals Virtual Reality Caucasus Style + Net + Tbilisi and beyond

Monday, January 19, 2009

Recommended reading for artists approaching the art power of 2009

Unsolicited advice

by Franklin Einspruch on Artblog.net

Great stuff, Franklin !

"Embrace technology. When I first started putting the Walter Darby Bannard Archive together, its subject, horrified at the thought of my having to turn all those scanned articles into text, suggested that I post them as jpegs. This misconception about what creates value on the Web (an entirely forgivable one, for someone born in 1934) would have seriously hampered the effectiveness of the archive had I put it into effect. Technology is just how things work now. I wouldn't send a new art student into the world these days without a basic understanding of HTML."  

No comments:

Post a Comment